Eagle Thesis & Dissertation Boot Camp
The Eagle Thesis & Dissertation Boot Camp is designed to provide an environment and support for intense, focused writing time, as well as structure and motivation to overcome typical roadblocks in the dissertation-writing process. It is an interruption-free, stress-free, no-excuses-just-do-it writing time for Master’s and Ph.D. students.
This is a three day program that runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day. You are expected to attend the entire time. From 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. you are able to stay and have optional additional writing time and/or individual consulting. The dates for this camp are Wednesday, April 26, through Friday, April 28.
We intend for Boot Camp to be a model that you can continue on your own. It is our hope that you will utilize the resources available on campus and stick to an individualized writing schedule. Ideally we would like for you to form small, self-motivated work groups.
Interested? Here's what's required of you:
- An approved thesis or dissertation proposal. This is a writing boot camp. You will spend the time writing--not analyzing data or researching. Come prepared to start drafting or revising part of your dissertation.
- You must also have the approval of your thesis or dissertation advisor. As part of the application process we must receive an e-mail from your advisor or the chair of your committee certifying that you are in the writing or revising stage of your project. Once we have the confirmation we can evaluate you for acceptance and invite your advisor to lunch on the third day of camp.
- Once your registration has been accepted, clear your calendar for the whole Boot Camp. Participants need to commit to attending the entire workshop. You will not be excused to teach or attend class. Arrange transportation and childcare so that you are free to attend each day.
- Bring a laptop or check one out from the Library before the Boot Camp starts. MP3 players and headphones are recommended if they help you concentrate or if you find nearby conversations distracting.
- If you have any special dietary needs, you may bring your own breakfast and lunch accordingly.
- Work tables, coffee, tea, breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided.