The Graduate Student Council (GSC) at UNT would like to provide all registered graduate student organizations on campus with the opportunity to receive funding to support events, programs and service projects that directly benefit the graduate student body and enhance the image of graduate programs and the University of North Texas.
How to Apply:
To apply for the GSC Event Fund, simply complete the application form via OrgSync. You are required to submit a detailed budget with your request. Event fund applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed twice a month by members of the Executive Board. https://unt.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/207319
Rules & Eligibility
- To receive funding, a graduate student organization must be officially registered with the Student Activities Center.
- All programs receiving funding from GSC must directly benefit graduate students, and enhance the image of graduate programs and the University of North Texas.
- The funding request application packet must be submitted at least 3 weeks before the proposed program and program must take place within the academic year in which they are considered.
- The program must be free to attend for all UNT graduate students.
- Any organization may not receive funding for the same program more than twice in one year.
- The requested funding amount may be awarded in whole, part or denied. Appeals may be filed with the GSC Senate within five business days of a funding request decision.
- Organizations receiving funding must provide proof of advertisement for the program and include the GSC logo on advertisement materials.
- Organizations receiving funding are restricted to spending the funding as allocated by the GSC, and must submit receipts at least 2 weeks following the event.
- Organizations receiving funding must volunteer for at least two GSC related events.
- GSC funds may not be used for the purchase of alcohol or any expense violating University Policy, the Student Code of Conduct or Texas Law.
- GSC will not deny funding on the basis of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, nationality, political affiliation or any other individual difference.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the GSC Event Fund, please contact Vice President of Administration and Finance, David Lacy (email@example.com).