Opening doors of opportunity
Take the first step toward the career you have always wanted with a master's degree from the University of North Texas. As the largest, most comprehensive university in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, UNT has the advanced degree that will shape your future.
In addition to the personal growth it offers you, a graduate degree can expand your career opportunities and your income. Employees with a master's degree earn on average $12,000 a year more than those with only a bachelor's degree.
Obtaining a master’s degree also puts you on course to getting a doctoral degree, the top recognition in higher education, and further multiplying your career possibilities.
College of Business
- Accounting — M.S.
- Business Administration — M.B.A.
- Business Analytics — M.S.
- Finance — M.S.
- Taxation — M.S.
College of Education
- Counseling — M.Ed. | M.S.
- Curriculum and Instruction — M.Ed.
- Early Childhood Studies — M.S.
- Educational Leadership — M.Ed.
- Educational Psychology — M.S.
- Higher Education — M.Ed.
- Kinesiology (Physical Education) — M.S.
- Recreation, Event and Sport Management — M.S.
- Special Education — M.Ed.
- Teaching — M.Ed.
College of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering — M.S.
- Computer Engineering — M.S.
- Computer Science — M.S.
- Electrical Engineering — M.S.
- Engineering Technology — M.S. (Dual M.S./M.B.A. program available)
- Materials Science and Engineering — M.S.
- Mechanical and Energy Engineering — M.S.
College of Health and Public Service
- Behavior Analysis — M.S.
- Criminal Justice — M.S.
- Health Services Administration _ M.S.
- Public Administration — M.P.A.
- Rehabilitation Counseling — M.S.
- Social Work (UNT-TWU Joint Program) — M.S.W.
- Speech-Language Pathology — M.S.
College of Information
- Data Science - M.S. (starts Spring 2019)
- English as a Second Language — M.A.
- Information Science — M.S.
- Learning Technologies — M.S.
- Library Science — M.S.
- Linguistics — M.A.
Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Applied Anthropology - M.A. | M.S.
- Applied Geography — M.S.
- Communication Studies — M.A. | M.S.
- Creative Writing — M.A.
- Documentary Production and Studies - M.F.A.
- Economics — M.S.
- English — M.A.
- French — M.A.
- Geography — M.S.
- History — M.A. | M.S.
- International Studies — M.A
- Media Industry and Critical Studies — M.A.
- Philosophy — M.A.
- Political Science — M.A. | M.S.
- Professional and Technical Communication — M.A.
- Radio, Television and Film — M.A. | M.F.A.
- Sociology — M.A. | M.S.
- Spanish — M.A.
College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism
College of Music
College of Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology — M.S.
- Biology — M.A. | M.S.
- Chemistry — M.S.
- Environmental Science — M.S.
- Mathematics — M.A. | M.S.
- Physics — M.S.
College of Visual Arts and Design
Toulouse Graduate School
Cooperative Program at UNT/ UNT Health Science Center
Your master's degree is within reach
The cost of education shouldn't get in the way of the career you want. UNT offers a quality education at an affordable price. The estimated cost for two semesters of 9 graduate credit hours is $7,165 for Texas residents and $14,185 for nonresidents (plus additional instructional fees).
UNT invests in graduate education. Our academic departments offer nationally competitive scholarships, and the graduate school provides funding and opportunities for professional development.
Convenient ways to earn your master’s degree
Many of our master's degree programs are offered both in traditional classroom and online formats, allowing you to choose what works best for you.
Our new accelerated online programs feature a delivery method that is flexible, convenient, affordable and 100 percent online. Classes are offered in eight-week sessions so that you can fit them into your busy lifestyle and finish quickly. Five start dates are available each year — January, March, June, August and October.
An exceptional master's experience
A supportive environment is at the center of your master’s experience at UNT’s Toulouse Graduate School®.
UNT's excellence in teaching and research has been recognized by scientific, professional and educational organizations. You could study with:
- National Academy of Engineering members
- Fellows of the American Council on Education
- Fulbright award winners
- National Academy of Sciences members
- Grammy winners and nominees
- Recipients of the National Science Foundation's prestigious CAREER award
Because mentorship and collaboration are key to research and creative activities at UNT, our faculty members will work closely with you, challenging you to develop your skills and supporting your efforts to help you achieve your goals.
Innovative research opportunities
UNT features 282,000 square feet of research space where you can conduct high-impact studies that address scientific, environmental and societal problems. Our facilities range from the Center for Play Therapy and the Castleberry Peace Institute to the Zero Energy Laboratory and the Nanofabrication Analysis and Research Facility.
An outstanding library system
University libraries are the heart of learning and research at UNT. With cataloged holdings of 7 million print and digital items and the UNT Digital Library ranking among the top 30 world repositories and among the top 10 national repositories, the libraries offer millions of pages of historical and unique content to researchers and scholars around the world. You can access UNT’s digital resources anytime, anywhere.
Writing and statistical support
The Graduate Student Writing Support office offers writing help exclusively for graduate students. Statistical analysis support is available to graduate students through the Office of Research Consulting.
Enhancing your professional development
The Toulouse Graduate School offers a wide variety of professional development workshops each semester, including a Thesis Boot Camp. Many of these workshops also are available online so you can fit them into your busy schedule.
“UNT is the full package. I have wise and caring academic advisors and mentors who have helped me widen my perspectives, improve my skills and search for better opportunities.”Gulin “Eva” Gelogullari
M.A. student in Radio, Television and Film
Rotary Global Grant recipient
The UNT Advantage
Our location and our commitment to meeting your needs make UNT the choice for motivated and ambitious master's students like you.
The best of both worlds
UNT’s strategic location gives you access to opportunities, both professionally and personally. Named “the best college town in Texas,” Denton combines a vibrant music and arts scene with a family-friendly hometown feel. With one of the highest concentrations of Fortune 500 companies in the U.S., the Dallas-Fort Worth area is rich in learning opportunities.