Eagle Thesis & Dissertation Boot Camp, Spring 2021 Sessions
The Eagle Thesis & Dissertation Boot Camp is designed to provide an environment and support for intense, focused writing time, as well as structure and motivation to overcome typical roadblocks in the dissertation-writing process. It is an interruption-free, stress-free, no-excuses-just-do-it writing time for Masters and Ph.D. students.
This is a three-day program that runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day. You are expected to attend the entire time. From 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. you are able to stay and have optional additional writing time and/or individual consulting.
We intend for Boot Camp to be a model that you can continue on your own. It is our hope that you will utilize the resources available on campus and stick to an individualized writing schedule. Ideally, we would like for you to form small, self-motivated workgroups.
Interested? Here's what's required of you:
If you are accepted and cannot attend, let us know immediately. It is unacceptable to miss any day of the Boot Camp. Your advisor will be notified and you will not be allowed to attend the following boot camp.
- An approved thesis or dissertation proposal. This is a writing boot camp. You will spend the time writing--not analyzing data or researching. Come prepared to start drafting or revising part of your dissertation.
- You must also have the approval of your thesis or dissertation advisor. As part of the application process, we must receive an e-mail from your advisor or the chair of your committee certifying that you are in the writing or revising stage of your project. Once we have the confirmation we can evaluate you for acceptance and invite your advisor to lunch on the third day of camp.
- Once your registration has been accepted, clear your calendar for the whole Boot Camp. Participants need to commit to attending the entire workshop. You will not be excused to teach or attend class. Arrange transportation and childcare so that you are free to attend each day.
- Have a laptop or check one out from the Library before the Boot Camp starts.
- Virtual event
- Please, review the Writing from A to B pdf.
Event Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 - 8:30am to Friday, January 29, 2021 - 3:00pm