The Three Minute Thesis Rules are listed below. If you have any questions regarding the rules of competition, please e-mail Vesta.Stacy@unt.edu or 3MT@unt.edu.
- You must be a PhD, DMA, or MFA (Fall) or Master's (Spring) student.
- You must have defended your proposal.
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description, the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
- Winner - $1000 Cash Prize & move on to CSCG competition
- Runner-up - $500 Cash Prize
- People’s Choice - $250 Cash Prize
READY TO REGISTER?
- Register Here for the 3MT® Workshop on October 6, 3:00PM to 4:00PM (all are welcome to attend and ask questions)
- Register here to participate in the Spring 2020 Doctoral's 3MT® Preliminaries on October 26 & 27 (Master's students compete in the Spring semester)
- RSVP - We would love to have you participate as an audience member for the 3MT® Finals on November 14. You select the People's Choice award winner!