Graduate Student Support Services
As a grad student, you may need extra support to reach your goals. The University of North Texas provides services unique to the needs of graduate students. These services include professional development workshops such as time management and writing your thesis/dissertation proposal, to dedicated discipline librarians and writing and statistical support.
- Professional Development Workshops - The Toulouse Graduate School puts on workshops designed to provide you with the necessary skills for post-graduate work and life.
- Writing Support - UNT has many writing resources available for graduate students working on their thesis, dissertation, or class paper. Included is the Graduate Writing Support Center.
- Statistical Support - Graduate students can take advantage of services offered by the Office of Research Consulting (ORC), Statistics 101 through the Learning Center, or the Research and Statistical Support (RSS).
- Learning Center - The Learning Center offers a variety of services to support graduate students such as research skills series, basic statistics, tutoring, exam preparation, and more!
- Counseling Center - The Counseling Center is located in Chestnut Hall and provides programs beneficial to graduate students such as Career Counseling, Individual Counseling, Testing, and Workshops.
- Libraries - UNT has six libraries and seven million pages of digital content. The library subscribes to hundreds of online sources and journals, perfect for graduate research.
- Career Center - The Career Center helps provide graduate students seeking job placement, internships, career changes, and even free business cards.
- Student Money Management - Learn how to better budget your money and loans in the Money Management Center. The Center also provides free workshops for all UNT students.
- Teaching Resources - UNT offers the Teaching Excellence Seminar for new Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows.
- CITI Training - UNT's Office of Research provides free online Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
In addition to the links listed above, the Toulouse Graduate School offers Professional Development Workshops both on demand and in person. Use the navigation to the left to view upcoming workshops and view previous workshop videos and presentations.
At UNT, we expect you to pursue academic excellence in a rigorous, yet caring environment. This Graduate Student Success Manual is designed to provide a wealth of information to facilitate your smooth and successful transition to UNT. The content has been carefully selected to ensure that you have a truly spectacular experience. Please use it to learn about the outstanding series of professional development workshops, and the plethora of services awaiting you at UNT and the Toulouse Graduate School.