Request for Extension of Time to Complete Degree
If you need more time to complete your master’s or doctoral degree, you must fill out a Request for Time Extension form. Below are the step-by-step instructions.
- Complete a copy of the Request for Time Extension form for master's students and doctoral student's.
- Include a detailed timeline determined by you and validated by signature and date of your major professor containing steps to completion of the degree within the requested time extension (see Page 3 of the form).
- Include a brief letter from you outlining the reasons for the time extension and how you have remained current in coursework knowledge.
- Include current approved degree plan.
- Include resume showing student ID#, place of employment, position and title, work/professional experience, etc.
- Obtain signatures on the application for extension from (see Page 4 of the form):
- the Major Professor
- the Program Coordinator or Director
- the Department Chair
- the College or School Dean
- the Graduate Dean signs after final review
This page contains pdf documents. You can download a free pdf reader here.